Wednesday 20 April 2011

And then there was one ...

After over a year of having a 'class' of two students, I'm now down to just one, 11 year old B.  It was decided that 7 year old R needed to expand her social network, so she is finishing the Canadian school year at the local primary school, Millarville Community School.  It is actually a surprising little school - it's a public school, right in the heart of cowboy country, serves just over 200 students (K-8) and, the best part about it (for me), is that it is a fully accredited IB school!  It's exciting for us all to make a connection with with a local school, but even more exciting for me to connect with the local IB school.  So for now, I just have the one student (until the end of June), which is turning out to be a lot of fun - we have more time for games, in-depth explorations of topics and full day excursions.  It certainly takes a lot off my plate because I find it much easier to plan for an 11 year old as opposed to a 7 year old.  Plus, I have more time to work on my Masters.  So, it is a win-win situation for everyone!

No comments: