Saturday 2 April 2011

San Francisco streets ...

Beautiful corner building

With such full days at the conference, my brain was exhausted at the end of each day, so it was great to get out into the fresh air and walk around the neighbourhoods of San Francisco.  I loved puffing my way up the steep streets as I explored the huge variety of neighbourhoods.  I found the architecture of the buildings to be simply beautiful.   The bus system was also great to jump on when I got tired and it was from bus drivers and locals on the bus that I often got some 'hot tips' for places to explore, such as the quirky shoe garden at the top of Alamo Square.  Strolling and taking in the sights and atmosphere was the perfect way to end a day of learning.

A typical street

A simple, yet ornate building near Alamo Square

'The Painted Ladies' with downtown San Francisco in the background

Up close and personal with 'The Painted Ladies'

Downtown from Alamo Square

A garden of shoes

Shoe pot plants

An odd assortment of shoes

Lombard Street - one of the world's most steep and crooked streets

Cable car with Alcatraz in the background

Big building in Chinatown

A very Chinese name for a restaurant

My favourite ... the Willie 'Woo Woo' Wong Playground, with Hang Ah Tea Rooms in the background

No comments: