Wednesday 6 April 2011

Gumboots in fashion ...


When I first visited New York last year, I was surprised to see girls wearing fairly plain gumboots around the city.  Being a horsey, outdoorsy type of girl, I wanted a pair.  I didn't buy any that trip, but when I headed back to NYC in October with Mum, I searched for a pair, but couldn't find any I liked (well, the ones I liked, were well over $200 a pair ... a little too much for a pair of rubber boots!)  But, when I knew I was going to San Francisco, I decided to purchase a pair.  Rather than go for the highly patterned boots, I chose to stick with the traditional British Hunter brand, in particular, the Original boot, in the original army green colour.  It took some time to get used to wearing gumboots out and about in the streets with 'nice' clothes, but I love them!  I can splash about in the snow, which is rapidly turning to muddy slush and huge puddles, and then go inside with warm, dry feet!

No comments: