Monday 11 April 2011

One night at the Black Diamond Hotel ...


Black Diamond is the closest town to where I live in Calgary (but still a 30 minute drive away).  C and I ended up heading to the Black Diamond Hotel for dinner on Saturday night, after discovering that my kitchen was not up to cooking standard due to the increase (from none to a small army) of mice in my apartment whilst I was away.  We intended to stay just for dinner but got sucked in by the live country band, the people watching (real cowboys doing real country dancing) and the pints of Canadian beer.  One thing led to another and before you knew it, our last order of the night was 'two beers and a room please.'  It was a fun and unexpected Saturday night and made for a pleasant break before we returned to the ranch on Sunday to face the mouse problem.

3 comments:

megan said...

I've just been reading back through your blog now - it's funny reading about someone else with the similar global nomad sort of lifestyle (although we've been in Canada for nearly 4 years now! That's almost settled). And reading back on your adventures has reminded me that I really need to see more of Australia. And Canada! Ah, too many things to do and places to see, not enough time :)

Anna Davidson said...

Megan, there are not enough of us global nomads out there! I was thrilled to come across your blog - you provide lots of lovely inspiration to get out into the mountains more (although, I'm a hiker, not a skiier or biker!) Aren't we lucky to live in such a beautiful part of such a beautiful country?!

megan said...

We are lucky! And I do a lot of hiking in the Summer too - without having to drive more than 10 minutes there are so many fun mountains to hike to the top of near Canmore - and the wildflowers further afield are amazing! If only the snow would melt...