Thursday 21 April 2011

Reflecting on special family members ...

Dookie and Aquila ... probably in around 1997

This week has been a bit of a sad and reflective one for me.  The week has bought the anniversary of the death of my grandfather (6 years ago) and my horse, Dookie (3 years ago).  I also found out (via facebook - ah, the wonders of the internet!) that another one of my ponies, Aquila had passed away.  He was old when he was a member of our family, so he must have been ancient by the time his time was up.  Being a cold week, it's been a good time to reflect on things from the past, especially curled up next to the open fire with a glass of red and some old photos.  Now, it's time to move on from my sadness and embrace the long weekend that comes with Easter.  It's going to be a full one with lots of studying, a few gym visits, some fun nights out and ... on Sunday, I'm heading to the family's island for a week!  Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: