Wednesday 27 April 2011

Island life ...

View from the dock at the Sunset end of the island

Life on Deadmans Island is lovely.  I haven't been here this time of year before and it's wonderful to see everything looking so green and alive, especially after the dull brown that comes with the end of winter in Calgary.  It's a short stay this time, just five days, which is perfect for me because I do tend to get a bit cabin-feverish on the island.  To combat this, I try to get off the island for a few hours each afternoon, either to visit the gym, wander through the cute little stores in Ganges or enjoy a cup of tea and a book at the Tree House cafe.  However, my favourite part about island life is simply sitting on a rock somewhere on the island and enjoying the fresh sea air whilst contemplating life.

Wild daffodils

And more daffodils

A Canadiana goose protecting her eggs

Sunset at the Sunrise end of the island

Spot the cottage - my forest home in the middle of the island

No comments: