Thursday 15 July 2010

The blogging world ...

When I first began my overseas teaching adventure, I hadn't really heard of blogging.  While I was away, I wanted to keep in touch with people without writing huge group emails, so after much thought and discussion with more technological friends, I decided to start a blog.  Now that I have entered the blogging world, I'm finding great blogs all over the world that I read regularly.  Reading other expat blogs is an excellent way to get an insight into life in that particular new culture.  I still follow several expat blogs from Shanghai, which helps to curb my longings for China.  

Vancouver

The reason for writing this entry is to say thank you to Jared who suggested my blog to his blog readers in Vancouver.  Before moving to Canada, I stumbled across Jared's blog when I was looking into Australian expat life here.  Jared, a fellow Tasmanian, writes about life in Vancouver and was kind enough to give me a few hints for my first day trip to Vancouver.  So, thank you Jared!

1 comment:

Jared said...

You're welcome Anna :)

As someone famous, or possibly infamous, once said "together we can create great things." Or something like that.

Either way, it's nice to support people out there who are putting the effort in, and your travels are way too cool not to feature!

J