Tuesday 27 July 2010

Those long country roads ...


Long, straight country roads ... 

For the next six weeks, these long country roads are going to keep me company quite a bit.  It is only six weeks until the Rocky Mountain Half Marathon in Canmore and my training has been somewhat sporadic.  Due to my frequent travels, a (slightly) more active social life, poor weather and a lack of motivation, I haven't done nearly as much training as I should have.  I feel pretty fit, I just need to get the kilometres under my belt so my body gets used to running 21 kilometres in one go.  I went for my first long run in a few weeks on the weekend.  It felt good.  The roads are great to run on ... long, straight, gentle hills and minimal traffic.  Running on these roads offers a different perspective from which to view the countryside.  The time passes reasonably quickly when you have such spectacular scenery.  I just need to get out there more often.  Country roads, get ready to get used to me!


... with spectacular views


Lush, green paddocks


Peeking through the trees to a dam


No hunting


An overgrown creek


Some friendly onlookers


An art car


It's not every day you see a deer cross your running path ... oh hang on, I'm in Canada, yes it is every day!


No comments: