Friday 9 July 2010

Sunset paddling ....

Exploring the Ganges Harbour

For my last night in the Gulf Islands, I wanted to do something a little different, so I decided to join a sunset kayak tour.  R. and the kids decided to join me, since they were fatherless for the evening.  We paddled from Ganges out to Chocolate Beach, a small man-made beach on a little island which is also owned by the family.  The paddle took us through the busy Ganges harbour and past several small islands, including Deadman Island.  At Chocolate Beach, we stopped for muffins and juice before heading back towards the setting sun.  The three hour paddle wet my appetite for kayaking so I'm looking forward to enjoying it some more when we return to the island in September.  For the meantime, goodbye Gulf Islands!

Paddling towards Deadman Island


Chocolate Beach


View from Chocolate Beach

No comments: