Tuesday 18 May 2010

Boston buildings .....


Graduation party at the Boston Common

Boston is truly a beautiful city.  Its size makes it small enough to explore fully on foot, so that's what I did.  I arrived in the late afternoon and with plenty of daylight left, I went running along the Charles River (sans camera unfortunately) where there were huge amounts of people enjoying the late afternoon sunshine.  After a shower, I headed off again, this time at a slower pace.  I made my way through the Back Bay towards the city centre, where I watched people playing baseball in the park, picnics in progress and people just out and about enjoying life.  I struggled not to run into people as my eyes were constantly drawn upwards to the stunning architecture of the buildings.  I ended my first day with a feast in Chinatown (yes, I miss China) and a much needed stroll back to the hostel.


The Back Bay



The Back Bay


The Back Bay

Trendy Newbury Street


The Back Bay


Newbury Street

Boston Public Library at night - the first public library in America

No comments: