Sunday 30 May 2010

The sounds of the didgeridoo .....

Koonyum Sun, the new album

There is nothing like a bit of didgeridoo to make you connect to your Australian roots.  I was lucky enough to experience this last night when I went to see one of my favourite musicians, Xavier Rudd, play in Calgary.  I've been a long time fan of Xavier's music and I love his new album (you can listen to a sample here), so I was excited to learn that he was touring Canada.  The show was a lot 'rockier' than his usual stuff, which gave my boss, R, a shock as it sounded nothing like the album she had listened to, but at least it kept her awake in her jet lagged state!  If you have never seen (or heard) Xavier before, you need to check him out - he is amazing to watch, playing several didgeridoos, a guitar, harmonica, drums, often all at once.  He is truly a talented artist.  

No comments: