Monday 3 May 2010

Why?

The 2010 Great Wall Marathon is being held in 2 weeks - I wish I was there

Sometimes, I find myself with the most absurd questions in my head.  In China, I puzzled over two questions (there were plenty more - trust me, it's China - but these were the two most prominent) and I still don't have answers to them.  Firstly, why do Chinese people wear their jackets backwards when riding their scooters?  Why don't they just do the jacket up the right way?  I'm sure that there must be a logical answer to that question, but to the second question, I'm not quite sure ..... Why in the world do Korean mothers get their son's hair permed?  I mean, really?  A perm?  On a 5 year old boy?   


Ah, running in the warm weather!

Today, I added a third puzzling question to my mind.  Why is it that whenever I run in the cold, my butt cheeks refuse to warm up and get progressively colder as I run?  Today, I reluctantly went out for a run (after a half hearted warm up by the open fire in my lounge room), wearing more layers than normal - short sleeved t-shirt, long sleeved t-shirt and polar fleece jumper.  Within minutes, the fleece was gone and I warmed up.  Not my butt cheeks.  No, they were as cold as ice blocks when I got home.  I mean, it's not like you don't use your butt when you run (especially running up hills).  Despite having a Human Movement degree, I can't think of a single reason why this is the case.  If anyone has a logical answer to any of my puzzling questions, please let me know so I can sleep soundly at night.


No comments: