Sunday 9 May 2010

Sunday morning rituals ....

Sunday brunch with Sunday reading at Uberfood

I love Sunday mornings.  I love not having to wake up to an alarm.  I love not having to jump out of bed.  I love the fact that I don't have to be somewhere by a certain time.  Most of all, I love the lazy Sunday morning ritual.  My Sunday morning ritual changes slightly, depending on where I am in the world, however it always includes at least half an hour of reading in bed followed by a long, lazy breakfast with tea and the papers.  In China, whenever I received a shipment of Sunday mags, I headed to Uberfood for a long, lazy brunch.  In Manly, I took the papers and my travel mug of tea to the beach.  Here in Canada, I start my day with pancakes topped with berries and maple syrup (very Canadian) and a pot of tea made in my red Hues 'n' Brews teapot and Sarah Wilson's Sunday Life column online.  Reading online doesn't have the same lazy Sunday morning feel to it, but it is still a little slice of home to enjoy on a Sunday morning.  Ah, Sunday mornings!

No comments: