Saturday 8 May 2010

A moose sighting ....

Blurry picture from the car .... but it's a moose!

Everyone raves about the wildlife here in Canada and I've gotten used to seeing deer regularly but I didn't expect a moose to be standing in the middle of the driveway on my way out last night (I was heading into town to pick up cold weather study supplies for the weekend - dark chocolate and red wine).  It was just standing there staring at me.  At first, I thought it was a loose horse, but no, it was a moose (I did have to Google it this morning, just to double check).  He (or she) stood and looked at me for a while, kindly giving me a few extra minutes to rummage through my handbag to find my camera, before disappearing into the forest.  Deer, fox, moose, what is next?  Secretly, I'm hoping to see a bear.  I'm feeling a little braver now that I am in possession of a can of bear spray (the kids bought it for me).  But, no wildlife spotting for me today, I need to crack open the chocolate and start writing.

No comments: