Saturday 1 May 2010

What a social life!

I'm more interesting on my blog ..... that about sums me up at the moment!

My social life continues to flourish here in Canada, I have just returned from the social highlight of my week - browsing the book store (and restraining myself from buying ... my only purchase was a copy of Travel and Leisure for its Canadian feature and the above card which I couldn't resist) and sipping hot chocolate at Starbucks before heading over to Safeway to chat to the check-out chicks.  Yep, highly entertaining!  So, at the moment, I am more interesting on my blog (and even then, not that interesting ... surely you're sick of snowy photos?!)  I promise you that I will get more interesting in just over a week, when I head off on my first USA and Canadian adventure - I will be blogging while I'm away, I'm travelling as a flashpacker (backpacker with gadgets).  



When I move to a new place, my motto for the first month is 'Say yes to everything', it's the only way to get yourself out of your comfort zone and try new things.  It's how I came to eat ox tongue and scull down Chinese rice wine in my first week in Wuxi.  Today, it also led me to agree to attend a country and western concert on Tuesday night with my neighbour - an aging, slightly dysfunctional cowboy.  I've been instructed to wear my best cowboy clothes ... look out Calgary cowboys!

No comments: