Thursday 29 April 2010

Spring is here .....

The walk to work

Spring seemed so far away this morning as I trudged up the hill to work, pushing my way through thigh high snow, battling through the cold and snowy winds.  But, for a girl from Australia, the snow was quite exciting.  It is so beautiful, everything looks so pure and pristine - well, until we all wade through it with our dirty shoes and our dirty car tyres.  It certainly made school a lot of fun - in the morning, we did our writing by the open fire and in the afternoon, B and I decided to make a movie depicting a scene from his book, which just happens to be about Mt. Everest.  Today, we filmed, tomorrow, we edit and I learn how to use iMovie.  The sun is out now and the snow is scheduled to disappear by the weekend, leaving green grass and hopefully, a touch of spring!

Poor, overloaded trees

The Rockies in the distance

Looking from my apartment to the horse paddocks

My car

Cold horses

Leaving my apartment this morning

Bent over trees

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow that quite a bit of snow !! I miis it but probably Im going to NZ to ski !!