Tuesday 13 April 2010

It's oh so quiet .....


From the noisy construction and bright lights of Wuxi ...... 

To paraphrase Bjork, it is bloody quiet here in the countryside. To think that a year ago, I was living on the 26th floor and despite wearing ear plugs, was still able to hear the busy street below and that the night sky was never fully dark, thanks to the fluorescent glow of the city lights.  Last night was my first night in my new apartment and it was so quiet, despite the crackle of the open fire and the music playing.  My bedroom has no curtains but when the lights were out, it was pitch black.  The quiet is a welcome change from China, but there is a high chance that I will go mad from lack of noise!

...... to the quiet stillness of the snowy Canadian countryside

No comments: