Saturday 24 April 2010

Snow and studying ....



I knew that it was going to be an unproductive day of study when I woke up with the sun shining and a red wine induced headache.  I was worried that I would be tempted by the prospect of going for a run or a horse ride later in the day, but I knuckled down and churned out a few thousand words on the sensitivities of gifted children.  Come lunch time, it felt like it was time for a wander in the sun, but you can imagine my surprise and my dismay when I looked outside to see snow, and lots of it. I kept studying before heading out for a walk once the snow had finally stopped.  It was beautiful walking through the snow, so quiet and so still.  I saw several foxes and deer but was too slow with the camera to capture them.  As I walked back home, it began to snow again and despite the fact that it was so beautiful, I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel a little bit creepy in the forest, with the sky growing darker and the snow falling.  Now, I'm curled up on the couch with a glass of red wine and an open fire, ready for another productive day of studying tomorrow.









No comments: