Tuesday 27 April 2010

The unsocial life of cramming ....

Canada is not quite as social as China

Is it concerning that I got my weekend social fix from chatting to the uni student behind the counter at Starbucks and then from the pimply teenager who gave me directions to Calgary's best burger and milkshake place?  That's what I get for a) having moved to the middle of nowhere in a new country and b) not being up-to-date with my uni assignments.  I left my apartment twice over the whole weekend - once to walk in the snow and another time to run in the freezing cold.  Unfortunately this situation will be repeated for the next 2 weekends, while I frantically read and write my assignments in time for my holiday - New York, here I come!  Maybe, as a treat for finishing my assignments, I'll go for a burger and milkshake at Calgary's best?!

No comments: