Sunday 25 April 2010

Photographing food ....

Chicken and sundried tomato risotto with a Canadian red wine

It all began in China ..... Chinese food is (mostly) beautiful to look at - I love the different textures and colours in each dish.  And then there was Uberfood, where the food was always presented so stunningly, it almost looked too good to eat.  My addiction to photographing food has continued in my travels since .... whenever I see beautiful food, whether it be in a restaurant or at home, I feel compelled to photograph it, much to the frustration of some of my dining companions (namely my brothers).  So, I did have a giggle when reading Sarah Wilson's blog on Friday as she remained perplexed at why people would want to photograph what they eat.  She offered another link to some seriously mad people who have taken the obsession much too far.  You can check it out here.  I don't think my obsession is that serious.  Now, what's for dinner?


Mmmm, Uberfood chocolate brownie

No comments: