Sunday 11 April 2010

Walking ....


Lake in the valley

Yesterday, my brother asked me how far I needed to go if I wanted to go out for a coffee and I laughed.  The nearest town is a 30 minute drive away and even there, it would probably be difficult to find a decent coffee.  So, instead of going out for coffee or a drink, I have been spending a lot of time walking.  The ranch and surrounding area has plenty of great places to walk and the quietness of the forest is a welcome change from the hustle and bustle of city life.  It is mighty cold at the moment, so each day I have been rugging up in my winter gear and heading out with Lady, the 14 year old black lab.  It is due to snow this afternoon, so stay tuned for some snowy pictures.



View out towards the Rockies


Thawing lake


Snow in the valley


Lake


Old hut in the valley

Frozen stream

Mum and baby

I kept clear of these guys

Bull peeking out from tree trunk

No comments: