Wednesday 14 April 2010

Back to work ....



There comes a time when one must stop taking photos of oneself on holidays and return to the real world of working.  That time came for me today and what a shock to the system it was.  The kids and I were still in holiday mode this morning as we began another 'term' - if you can call it that when you're homeschooling.  It will take a little while to get back into the swing of it as we figure out a daily routine that works for everyone here in Canada and I left work this afternoon feeling a little unsettled and a bit flat.  So, what's a girl to do when she's in a new country and feeling a little down?  Well, normally I would reach for a glass (or two) of wine and phone my Mum, but that wasn't an option since the nearest liquor store is a 30 minute drive away and it is the middle of the day in Australia where Mum is busy solving the Aboriginal health crisis.  Instead, I settled for listening to some music while cooking up one of my favourite soul warming soups (Donna Hay's 'potato, pea and bacon soup' courtesy of Jean from the days of the MLC Soup Club) and going for a long walk.  I returned from my walk and over a bowl of soup, planned my course of action for getting into a more positive frame of mind.  Belly filled and mind cleared, bring on day two.

2 comments:

Jean said...

I'm so glad that I was able to help, if only in a little way!!! xo

Anna Davidson said...

Thanks Jean .... it's a great soup! I hope you are well. x