Tuesday 20 April 2010

All care and no responsibility ....

Looking over my balcony into the horse yards

Growing up with horses and other animals introduced me to the idea of responsibility and thinking of someone or something else before myself at an early age.  At pony club, we were never allowed to eat our lunch until we made sure the horses were fed, watered and feeling comfortable.  Over the past few years, I've really missed having animals around and have loved going home and seeing the dogs and riding a friend's horse.  So, as you can imagine, I'm loving having the horses, cows and dogs around all the time here.  The bonus, however, is that I don't need to take responsibility for them.  I can go for a walk or a run with the dogs and then return them to their owners to be fed.  Not once have I had to prepare my own horse for riding - the grooms (R's 16 year old nieces) do that for us!  In fact, after riding the other day, all the adults were very quickly told to dismount and disappear.  I could get used to this!

No comments: