Thursday 8 April 2010

Canada at last ....

View from outside the school room

After months of talking about it, I have finally arrived in Canada.  What an amazing country!  I'm staying with the family in their stunning home, perched high on a mountain overlooking snow capped mountains with not another house in sight.  The nearest township, Black Diamond, is a 25 minute drive away and yesterday, I had my first experience of driving on the 'wrong' side of the road into the town, which consists of just one main street with all the basic shops a girl could need (a place to buy food, somewhere to work out and be massaged and a shop with a wide selection of cowboy boots and belts with big buckles).  Ranch life is going to suit me just fine and I can't wait to unpack my jodphurs and riding boots and get on the back of a horse.  In the mean time, I'm working on sorting out the school room today, getting ready to start school next week.

No comments: