Monday 12 April 2010

Rediscovering my treasures ....


The successful de-clutter in China

You may remember that I held a de-cluttering party several weeks before I left China last year.  This made it a lot easier for me when it came time to pack up my belongings and ship them off to Canada.  Today, I was able to unpack the boxes and be reacquainted with my belongings.  As I unpacked, I discovered that my de-cluttering should have been far more ruthless .... I mean how many old, faded, skanky t-shirts can a girl own for 'sentimental' reasons?!  I diligently (and lovingly ... it is my hockey grand final t-shirt after all) folded and stored all the unnecessary clothing items and shoes but I fear that when I move on from Canada, these much loved but unworn things will not be coming with me.  The belongings that I was thrilled to unpack were my books (far more than I remember), my Chinese tea set, my mohair and yak hair blankets, my winter boots, my CDs and my photos.  Ah, it feels like home already.

No comments: