Monday 14 December 2009

Feeding my addictions .....

Dad rang me last week while he was watching a TV show about addictions and one of the featured addictions was a lip balm addiction. I am a self confessed lip balm addict, always having at least several different kinds in my handbag at all times - my favourites are Amolin nappy rash cream (seriously!) and clear Body Shop lip gloss. The conversation with Dad got me thinking about my China addictions, both new and old - travel, running, going to the tailor, massages and food (local food and Uberfood).
More travel!
More running!
As my time in China draws to a close, I am overindulging in the three addictions that I won't be able to afford when I leave. Five dresses arrived from the Shanghai tailors yesterday, another two are due to arrive on Thursday. I enjoyed an hour long blind massage last night and plan to have a daily massage until Friday. I'm off to Uberfood for my farewell party tonight with friends and will hopefully sneak in one last chocolate souffle on Thursday night.
More clothes!
More massages!
As for the other two addictions, well, I will be able to indulge in them when I return to Australia and then travel on to Canada. I can't wait to go running on the beach in Sydney and then in the mountains in Canada. The travel adventures are also very exciting, I'm looking forward to exploring Sydney and also Canada. My lip balm addiction will always remain though.
More Uberfood!

2 comments:

Amy Martin said...

Oh man, this is making me sad! Now no one will be having Wuxi moments! Say 'hi' to Ralph for me!!!Have a great last week!!!!

Fi said...

So funny! It reminds me about when Adam first met you: his first comment was something about your use of lip balms (he may have even called you "the lip girl" for a while before he remembered that your name was Anna!)! Until that time I hadn't even noticed myself (probably because I'm frequently using them too!) but he obviously noticed you applying more times than your average lip balm user!!