Tuesday 15 December 2009

First round of farewells .....

One table of guests deep in conversation
Saying goodbye is so difficult and this week has been no exception. Each day, I see someone who I may or may not see again. I'm having two farewell parties, each catering to the different wallet size of my friends. Last night was the first party at none other than Uberfood, whilst tonight's party is at my second favourite eatery in Wuxi, the dumpling restaurant, where I will enjoy the company of most of my Chinese friends, who are unable to enjoy the Uberfood experience which comes at an Uber, non-Chinese, price. I was incredibly spoilt at Uberfood last night, with most of my western friends turning up to enjoy a specially prepared 4 course meal with all of my favourite Uberfood dishes - duck, salmon, beef, chocolate. An extra treat at the end of the night was a wheat free strawberry mousse cake that we were all too full to eat (today's morning tea!). It is not farewell to Uberfood just yet though, I'll be back tomorrow night for one last chocolate souffle!
Uberfood buddies!
The lovely Azusa
Fellow Aussie, Nat
Ralf listens intently to the speeches!
"You will definitely do the full Great Wall Marathon next year Heather?!"

Warm smoked star anis duck breast salad with a melange of field greens and dried fruit compote

Served in apple-peach vinaigrette

ä

Our salmon variation , eight ways to enjoy high Omega-3 acids the good stuff you want

ä

Whole roasted fillet of angus beef with truffle hollandaise

Gratin potatoes and asparagus salad

ä

9 spiced chocolate cream bruleé,

our secret spiced melt in your mouth cacao

ä

'Good luck' cake

No comments: