Wednesday 30 December 2009

2009 in pictures ...

When I think back on the adventures that 2009 bought me, I feel so lucky. So much travel, so many great friends and family. Wonderful.
January - The new year was celebrated with a trip to Japan where I tried my hand at skiing and enjoyed the delicious Japanese cuisine.
Hakuba ski slopes
Meeting new friends in Japan
February - I celebrated my 28th birthday with an Uberfood dinner, a girls night out in Shanghai and a surprise champagne brunch in Suzhou. Not bad!
28th birthday party in Shanghai
Birthday dinner at Uberfood
March - We farewelled Kiki as she headed back to Germany and I completed an 8km run in Shanghai.
Bubbles with Kiki
Jinqiao 8km run in Shanghai
April - Another visit to Beijing, this time for a conference and a training session on the Great Wall.
Jinshaling Great Wall
Simatai Great Wall
May - The May holidays gave me an opportunity to escape China for a beach break in the Philippines with Amy. It was also the month for the much anticipated Great Wall Marathon.
Philippines
Great Wall Marathon
The Wuxi running women
June - The school year finished up for 2008/2009. June was a month of partying as I bid farewell to friends leaving China.
Doing it the Chinese way
The 'Legendary Monday night' crew
End of school party
July - After leaving China in style, I enjoyed 6 weeks of fresh air and blue skies at home.
Living the high life in Shanghai
Stunning views at Broulee in NSW
August - I arrived back in China to my new apartment on the 26th floor.
My Wuxi home
View from the 26th floor
September - The new school year began with new students and staff joining the EtonHouse crew. No travel this month, it was a month for hanging out in Wuxi.
New friends
Lovely man near my apartment
Wuxi market
October - Dad and Carla arrived for a mad dash around some of China's top tourist destinations. These two had too much energy on the first leg of their world tour! I also visited Huang Shan twice and Hongcun.
Cheers Dad!
Terracotta Warriors
UNESCO village of Hongcun
Morning time on Huang Shan
November - Mum and Libby arrived to tackle the Chinese tourist trail. What fun it was to travel with two middle aged gin addicts!
Davidson women hit the Great Wall of China!
Chocolate souffle and red wine at Uberfood
December - A rushed month to pack up my apartment, finish up work and say farewell to friends in China.
Time to de-clutter
Farewell friends!

1 comment:

Warrick said...

What a great year! I'm sure 2010 will be just as exciting and interesting! Happy New Year.